Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Pink Peasant Shirt

Looking back at my last couple of sewing items, can you figure out that my lil' girl likes the color pink? So not to disappoint, a pink shirt.


The Facts

Fabric: 1 yard of Riley's Blake Hoo's in the Forest
Pattern: Simplicity 5222
Year: c. 2004Notions: Single fold bias tape, 1/4 inch elastic, eyelet lace trim
Time to complete: about 2 hours
What I'd Change/Changes Made: I put the elastic around the waist before assembling. I also finished all of the seams with french seams. This did make it a little bulky at the seams but has a nice finished look to it. If I made it again, I would definately finish the seams on the arms before assembling to shoulders. There wasn't a lot of room between the seam and the elastic in the sleeve so it made pressing the hem difficult.

I know we live in Wisconsin and short sleeves aren't practical but whenever making clothes, I want things that can go a couple of seasons. She can wear this throughout the fall and add a pink or white turtleneck underneath for the winter or a little button down sweater. The pattern ran big so I think (HOPE) she can wear it again in the spring.

I seriously want this in my size. It screams "I'm A Country Girl", especially with the little eyelet trim on the bottom. I can't wait to see Em all dressed up in her denim skirt and pink cowgirl boots.

Lisa
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment