Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Anthropology Inspired Tops

I love cruising Anthropology. However, there's not very much on there that I could afford, or would probably pay that much for if I could afford it. I saw this top this morning and decided to see if I could make something similar.

I made two. I'm not sure which I like better but they are both comfortable and I'm really happy with how they turned out. Both are made out of viole on the bottom and cotton on the top. The ivory top is actually a pillowcase because I couldn't find any plain ivory material in my stash.







I'm quite proud of myself. If I made another, I would use the front bodice of the brown top with the back bodice of the gray top (with a little modification because it's a tinsy bit baggy). Even the farmer said, "Wow, with no pattern. Hmmm. Nice." That's a big compliment in the farmer's words.  :) The bodice sits above the bust line so although it looks a bit revealing in the pictures with the way the bodice curves, it's actually quite modest and pretty.

I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful summer evening!

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment