Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

What a blast

We had an incredible weekend at my parent's cabin. We ate entirely too much food, drank too much soda pop, played hard and took lots of power naps under the shade trees. My dad set up a 75 foot slip 'n' slide for the kids, we swam in the lake, and the kids got pulled around behind the boat on a tube. We shot off fireworks, went for walks, took pontoon rides and pretended to fish. We laughed and talked for hours, told stories and caught up with family. And we ate s'mores. Yeah, life was good.  :)

This momma was even horrified and amazed at the same time. As I sat on the dock enjoying the water lap against my toes with my little 5 month old babe, I look out over the water and there is my 2 1/2 year old on the tube, behind the boat, laughing and giggling and awhile later my 4 1/2 year old went flying by. Ever been really proud of your kids and have your heart drop to your knees at the same time?

On when I went to take my first picture of the weekend, the camera blinked and the batteries were dead. Oh well, there were more than enough cameras to go around and I'll get some pics from everyone else.

When we went out to do chores tonight, I went into the coop to pick eggs and found this. For a second I thought the ducks had gone in and laid an egg but quickly remembered that they are not nearly old enough to start laying eggs. I really wish I knew which chicken kept laying eggs this big!


Now I'm off to fold some laundry and get some sleep. On top of our busy weekend, the lil' babe decided to start cutting teeth and he is NOT happy about it - he is by far my most giggliest child until he decides his gums hurt and boy oh boy can he get crankier than the other two ever got! And like most kids, he only wants his momma, especially if it's the middle of the night!

I hope everyone had a safe, happy, and joyful 4th!

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment