Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mind if I rant a little?

My little guy (5 1/2 monthds old) is sick. He woke up in the middle of the night screaming with 102.2 temperature and vomited. I took him into urgent care earlier today and they don't know why his temp is so high so we were sent home with instructions to watch his temp., use Tylenol, lukewarm baths, and lots of snuggles. Tonight his temperature is at 103.0. The farmer is giving me a little break to catch my breathe so I can go back on momma duty.

But here's my rant.
WHY IN THE HECK DO PEOPLE THINK URGENT CARE/EMERGENCY ROOM IS A TIME WHEN MOMMA'S WANT PEOPLE TOUCHING THEIR CHILDREN!?!

I'm a very polite person and will typically avoid confrontation so I'm shouting it out here to the world. There are some people who really need to learn urgent care/emergency room etiquette. When I take one of my children into urgent care, or worse yet the emergency room, it is because they are sick. And the other people that are there are all sick too. So let's just keep germy hands, coughs, etc. to ourselves and not coo and giggle and tell me how much you love babies or your kids loves babies and that's why apparently it's okay for you or your germ infested child to play googling games with my kids. I don't want to tell anyone why I'm there, I don't want to know why anyone else is there, and I certainly DO NOT want you coming to sit down next to me so you can "Get a closer look." I choose to sit as far away from the other people in urgent care for a reason and that reason is because my child is sick and your sick and it is perfectly acceptable to not share when it comes to germs. And really, if the fact that I'm in urgent care/ER is not enough of an indication that there might be germs involved, take a look. My kid probably looks like they feel like crap and I usually look like crap because I've probably been up since 2 a.m., I probably have not showered, I may have been puked on and although I probably have changed out of my puked on clothes, there still may be puke on me and it's probably questionable on whether or not I remembered to brush my teeth before I drove 20 miles to bring my kid to urgent care.

Okay, end of rant. Thanks for listening or reading.  :)

Time to go back to snuggles.

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment