Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fresh summer berries

I'm in the midst of picking and shelling peas. With a 4 YO and 2 YO who want to help...such a lesson in patience.  :)

We went for a walk up the fence line with a pail this afternoon and picked berries. When we came into the house, we topped yogurt with berries and drizzled with honey. Oh heavenly...


You really can't get more local than your own backyard! (with the exception of the yogurt).

I've been debating on trying my hand at making yogurt. Articles and blog posts are popping up all over the place. My only fear is that I give everyone food poisoning! I also thought yogurt was a "safe" food. Come on it's yogurt! So I never paid attention to the ingredients. I knew yogurt was made with milk and a culture. Simple right! Ugh, a while back I was bored while waiting in line and read the back. *Sigh* Full of words I can't even pronounce.

We're making the switch to using plain yogurt that we sweeten with berries or honey. Maybe one of these days I'll work up the guts to try making yogurt at home.

Blessings,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yum! That looks so good. Fresh berries from the backyard are the best. I would encourage you to take the plunge and make your own yogurt. It really is hard to screw up--you will be pleasantly surprised how easy it is.

    ReplyDelete