Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Beets and Blue Cheese Salad

A couple of years ago I bought a salad at the food coop where I sometimes shop. It was a little outside my comfort zone but I was at the beginning of broadening my horizons when it comes to food.

OH. MY. OH. MY I fell in love with it. They haven't made the salad since but I do make it quite often at home. And I make different variations depending upon what I have in the house. It's really a simple salad.


Salad greens, blue cheese and beets are the main ingredients. Sometimes I add shredded chicken if I have some in the freezer, sometimes I have a little red onion and walnuts if I have them on hand. The one thing it doesn't need is dressing. The juice from the beets mixes with the blue cheese and makes its own little dressing.

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment