Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pickled Eggs...Using up the leftovers

In an attempt to use up some of the leftover boiled eggs from Easter, I made a couple of batches of pickled eggs. Because seriously, you can only eat so many deviled eggs and so many egg salad sandwiches in one week. And it makes the mister overly joyed to have pickled eggs in the house. I couldn't find the recipe I normally use meaning that I seriously need to start a recipe binder like I've been planning on doing for years. So I messed around with several different recipes I saw here and there and came up with these.

One jar is made using 1 cup pineapple juice, 1 cup vinegar, salt, peppercorns and onions and some pieces of pineapple. I boiled these together and poured into the jar over the peeled eggs.

The red jar is beets and beet juice, peppercorn, salt and vinegar. Same method. Both can store in the fridge forever. Or at least a very long time. How long I'm not sure because they never last long at our house.

Disclaimer: I have not eaten these nor will I. However, the mister thinks they're the best thing since the last batch I made for them. To each their own! :)

I also made creamed eggs this morning from this inspiration. And let me tell you they were oh so good I will definately be making more of them.

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment