Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Monday


This morning I received a call from my employer that the restaurant I worked at is closing. As of today. Everyone knew it was coming, it was slowly getting slower and slower. It was still a shock and kind of deflating. I didn't work a lot of hours, never more than 20 hours a week. 

And then there is that loss of income. Fortunately, we don't depend upon my income for the mortgage and household expenses because this job was always meant to give us a little extra each month and for me to get out of the house and socialize with adults. But we did get used to that extra income. So we remember to watch the extras from week to week for awhile. It soon becomes second nature. A loss of income is also easier when you're already living a frugal lifestyle.

But I'm not sad. There are things I've been wanting to do. I can sew more and promote my trainers more. I can finally finish my trainers pattern and get it sent out to testers. I have a couple other patterns that I've wanted to publish as e-patterns but haven't had time. Now I have that time.

I can spend more time kissing my babies and helping them grow. I can spend more time do more things around the farm. The things that get pushed back because we just don't have the time. I can spend more time cooking and baking and cleaning. I can spend more time giving to the church.

So I'm going to do what the little sign above says and make lemonade! (not literally though...at least not until it gets warmer outside).  :)

So I'm off to paint beehives because our bees are coming this week and I have calf pens to clean.
Oh yeah, and three little babies who love being kissed by their momma!

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment