Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What happened to spring?

This is the view from my back door this morning.

That is a mixture of rain, sleet, and snow. And it's pretty much raining, snowing, and sleeting at the same time! So to try to get some spring back into my head, I dug into my UFO pile and came out with this skirt.

I cut out two skirts almost 2 years ago. The first one I finished and decided that it's wearable but I just do not like the yoke, it is not very flattering at all. So this one sat and sat and sat. Until this morning when I decided to forego the yoke altogether and use a little foldover elastic at the waist. Now I just need to decide how to finish the hem because I want to add a little bit more length back. The yoke was 4 inches and while it's not at all an inappropriate length, a little longer would probably be a bit more flattering. I'm thinking of maybe some grosgrain ribbon with a little rick rack between the two? Most likely yellow since the skirt already has a lot of pink. But that will have to wait until I get to go shopping which will probably be on Thursday when I have to take my gram to her doctor's appointment.

Our chickens have been loving this warm weather and are producing lots of eggs these days. Emily loves hard boiled eggs so I boiled up another batch this morning. Don't they look just beautiful. I know a lot of people have difficulty peeling farm fresh eggs. I've found that once they are boiled, I place the pan into the sink and start running cold water over them and then I crack each egg and let it sit in the water. They always peel perfectly!

We have quite a few different breeds although most of them are brown egg layers we do have a couple that lay the blue eggs and a couple that are brown speckled egg layers. There is one brown egg buried at the bottom of this pile that is about twice the size of the others.

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment