Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pumpkin Apple Jam

My freezers are overflowing! Which isn't an entirely bad thing. We had a great harvest last year and even the Farmer says we a surplus is good because not every year will be a good year. But still my freezers are overflowing and it tends to drive me nuts when I can't find something. And since we're starting to work in the gardens, we will need room come harvest. So I did a little jam makin' yesterday afternoon. Pumpkin-Apple to be precise.

I modified my regular favorite pumpkin soup recipe.


This recipe will make 8 jelly jars plus a little bowl for your bread at dinner.

4 cups pumpkin puree
2 apples, peeled and diced
1/3 cup water
6 cups sugar
Juice of 1 orange
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. ground nutmeg

In a pan, cook pumpkin puree, apples, and water approximately 15-20 minutes. Stir in sugar, juice from orange and lemon, cinnamon, cloves, and ground nutmet. Build to boil and cook 15-20 minutes until setting point.

Ladle into sterilized jars and process in hot water bath.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment