Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pumpkins

The pumpkins are roasted, pureed and in the freezer. The pumpkin seeds are toasted. My favorite...cinnamon. YUMMY!

And I have been trying to figure out how I'm going to use all that pureed pumpkin. We don't eat a lot of sweets or sweet breads and my apologies if I offend anyone but pumpkin pie makes me gag.



My dilemna was solved with my dinner mistake the other night. It was last minute and I grabbed a bag of pureed sweet potatoes out of the freeze but they weren't sweet potatoes. It went quite nicely with the roasted chicken and green beans.

Pumpkin is low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. Great source of Vitamin E, Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, riboflavin, potassium, copper and mangenese and a good source of dietary fiber. And at 49 calories per 1 cup is a good low calorie side dish.


And the best part....the kids ate it up!!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment