Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Every so often us moms have to remember to breath

I seem to be going in many directions right now.

I'm trying to remember to breath.

I'm trying to remember to capture these moments when my children are still young and fresh.

I often whisper in my children's ear..."I love all of our moments together."

I often whisper this when they are naughty...please don't tell the Farmer.  :)

I worked 22 days in a row. Quite a feat for someone who will soon be unemployed and was only hired to work part-time.

I had this weekend off. I did very little except putz around the house and go to church and fall conference.

I've been very busy at church. Between KOOL (Kids of Our Lord), Sunday school, fundraising (I don't remember volunteering to be on that committee - funny how that happens), church dinners, fall conferences, and ladies group...I'm going lots of directions there also.

There was a 5 day period where the Farmer and I saw each other for a total of 114 minutes (I kept track).

I've also been preserving sweet potatoes and pumpkins and still have some beets to do.

We're slowly getting ready for winter...the weatherman did say snow in Wisconsin this week.

We got a new puppy (he's 3) and his name is Oscar.

Oscar is at the vet today or I would take his picture for you. He's a pug. He's adorable. He's great with the kids. His face is so smashed and ugly it's makes me smile.

My van is broke. I'm driving the Farmer's "run-around" car. It isn't doing a lot for my image of a hip, cool, farmer's wife.  HA!

I'm exercising every day, watching what I eat, drinking lots of water and I'm still struggling to lose weight. This is a huge struggle for me. It causes me a lot of emotional pain.

On the same note, I'm reading the book "Wheat Belly." It makes lots of sense. When I'm done, I'll write a little book review and why I believe a lot of the things said in the book.

I'm looking forward to Christmas and am restraining myself from putting up decorations now. I'm pacifying myself by telling the kids we can make Thanksgiving decorations.

I did tell the kids they can have a christmas tree upstairs...that may go up before Thanksgiving.

I will have a giveaway this week. Look forward to "talking" to you all again soon.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment