Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rhubarb Kiwi Jam

Let me start by saying to look past the picture and make this jam! It is good and surprisingly, for jam, not at all that unhealthy. This is so good that the evening shift girl at work tried some and then got mad when I put it in my bag to take home until I explained there was another jar in the fridge.

I manage an group home so I spend a lot of time cooking and baking. I had brought in rhubarb to make rhubarb dessert and had some left over. We also had some leftover kiwi that were bordering on going bad and this is what I came up with.


Rhubarb Kiwi Jam

3 cups chopped rhubarb
4 cups chopped kiwi
1/4 cup sugar (Splenda is what I used)
1/4 cup vinegar
Oh about a teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup lemon juice

I added all ingredients but the kiwi and cooked until the rhubarb broke down. Stirred in the kiwi and cooked for about 10-12 minutes.

The result...a sweet, tart jam that I definately want to make more of!

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. It may not be pretty, but it sure sounds tastey :).
    Saw the post a few days back, I'm so envious of your auction purchase. I think I'm gonna open the Hudson Valley Home for Wayward Craft Supplies.
    I so enjoy your blog. Happy Memorial Day.
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete