Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fish Tacos

When I read food blogs, I often wonder how they take pictures of the food. One blogger recently mentioned that she typically does her photo shoots outside. Huh!?! I like food, I like to cook and experiment. But I don't have the patience to set up a photo shoot, I just want to taste! Maybe if I did set up a photo shoot when I took pictures of my food, I wouldn't have had the need to join Weight Watchers? :)

Since joining Weight Watchers, I've taken a renewed interest in cooking healthier. Know what I've learned? Eating whole foods and Weight Watchers is hard! WW promotes the use of low-fat, low-calorie food. Sauteing using cooking spray instead of butter or oil. Me, I like homemade bread slauthered in butter and jam and real food.

So it's been quite a journey. One good thing is that it has upped my intake of vegetables. The other nite, the farmer and I had Fish Tacos. YUMMY!

Fish Tacos - My Way

Flour Tortillas
Grilled Ahi Tuna
Thinly Sliced red and green cabbage
Fresh salsa made with cilantro, tomatoes, red onions, jalapeno, salt and pepper.
Spicy cajun sauce made with plain yogurt and cayenne seasoning.
Fresh lime.

I think the only difference is that next time I'll ever so lightly pickle the cabbages. Just slightly to give it a little tang and soften is slightly.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment