Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Barn Window Picture Frame

I had a need to create today. However, I didn't want to sew. Now don't get me wrong, I am madly and deeply in love with my sewing machine and my fabrics. But sometimes when I want to create and sew, it's using a pattern. I needed to use my imagination and I wanted a tangible result today.

So what's any good farm girl to do? Head to the barn of course!


To find an old, worn out, window frame that is covered in barn dust and pretty much falling apart.


But that's nothing that a good scrubbing, a little Elmer's glue and some chicken wire can't fix! I left all of the nails in it and simply stapled chicken wire to the back. Found some cute little clothes pins in a drawer (Seriously those little clothes pins are so cute! I wish I knew where I got them so I could get some more.) and printed out some pictures.

And it's exactly what I wanted. Whew!

Lisa

2 comments: