Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins

These muffins are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free (in our house, dairy free is milk products, does not include eggs). Hot out of the oven, these muffins were scrumptious with a dollop of butter, almost like a bread pudding!

Prep Time: 5 minutes                                   
Servings: 12
Cook Time: 22 minutes

Ingredients:
•  1 C brown rice flour
•  1 C light brown sugar
•  3/4 C tapioca starch
•  1/2 C Stevia in the Raw
•  1/4 C almond flour
•  1 tsp. xantham gum
•  1 tsp. baking powder
•  1 tsp. baking soda
•  1 tsp. ground ginger
•  1 tsp. ground cinnamon
•  1/2 tsp. sea salt
•  1/2 tsp. nutmeg
•  1/2 C coconut oil (melted)
•  1 C pumpkin puree
•  1 banana, mashed
•  2 eggs
•  2 tsp. vanilla extract
 
Directions:
 •  Whisk together dry ingredients.
•  Wisk in wet ingredients and let sit for a couple minutes to rest.•  Line muffin pan with 12 liners and divide batter evenly. •  Bake 22-25 minutes at 350 degrees. •  Remove from oven to cool and store in refrigerator.

TIP: While I do use Stevia in the Raw in place of sugar, I have not found a good alternative to brown sugar.

Blessings,
Lisa

p.s. I did take a picture, however, I cannot find the cord to my camera and couldn't figure out how to download pictures from my cell phone to my new computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment