Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tighty Whitey Trainers...

Connor is already 15 months old and seriously outgrowing his diapers. I did make him a handfull of diapers for night but his daytime collection is getting pretty sad looking (and pretty tight). I had made Emily a pair of fleece covers to wear with her regular underwear and decided maybe it's time to switch Connor into a more 'big boy' style of diapers....something that he could maybe wear from now until he potty trains.

I made him this cover...

But knew he needed more than just a fleece cover. Well, it is pretty cute but he's not even remotely interested in potty training. I didn't want to make fitted diapers because that felt like I was going backwards. I wandered into the bathroom - what a place for inspiration - I noticed the 2 foot pile of prefolds from when the kids where little little.  Hmmmm, someday I should really do something with those...what...something...hmmm. Take a prefold out to the dining room table, lay it out flat, and stare at it. Tap my finger to my lip and stare some more. A-HA!!! I love those moments where all of a sudden you start digging through fabric bins looking for things you know you have SOMEWHERE! 30 minutes later, this is what I came up with...


I should have used blue thread...then it really would have looked like a pair of tighty whiteys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment