Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

A neckwarmer/cowl for kids...

Winter seems to again have decided to make an appearance in Wisconsin. This morning it is cold and gray. My daughter has decided that when she grows up, she is going to be an artist. She loves anything creative but at 3 (going on 16), it sometimes hard to find ways that she can help create when she wants to help me sew. Last week, when I put on my cowl to take her down the driveway to the bus stop, she said she wanted one. So off to the fabric store we went and picked up some fleece. This was probably one of the easiest things I've made. Two rectangles turned and topstitched (24" x 6") and then I added snaps in the color of her choice.



This is her measuring out the fabric and that was probably the longest part of the whole process. All these years I've been sewing and I never realized that along with a tape measure, the length in tractor tires was also important!  :)




And our finished product. There are two rows of snaps so it can be adjusted. Because fleece has stretch, we could have easily made it to just slip on and off over her head but sometimes it's nice to have things that come apart for those days when you haul a sleeping toddler into the house and have to undress them.

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment